One should think that I felt great today, but in reality I really didn't. In fact, I felt very emotional and close to tears during several times today. Also felt very tired and defiantly ready to eat again.
I assume that yesterday's body balance would have brought lots of things to the surface, that are now being processed...
Regardless, of it all the 10 Day Cleansing journey has now come to its end. Although, there will be a 3 day ease out period.
Tomorrow, I shall only have grapefruit and orange juice. For Saturday, I have stocked up my fridge with greens for smoothies and I also got some pumpkin soup, frozen. Sunday, I should be able to eat normally again but, I do wish to continue a wholesome diet which will be more plant based. I won't totally cut meat out or label myself a "vegetarian", but I may reduce the amount to once or twice a week and use quality grass fed and organic produce.
I can't believe it's been 10 days... So long and yet so short. My reflections on this Cleanse are mainly positive. It is indeed a good reset for the system and formed eating habits. I will probably do this cleanse once every year. It is affordable and what I like about it the most, all eliminations are cared for by the laxative tea and salt water flush- no stuffing around with enemas and the likes.
I do not own scales and can't tell you how much weight I have lost on this journey nor am I interested in doing so. My primary objective was always resetting the body and using this detox as a bridge to form healthier eating patterns.
My personal Advise for anyone embarking on this journey is the following:
- do the cleanse when you feel emotionally balanced and stable so you aren't as prone to comfort eating
- whatever your objective, don't do this for anyone else but yourself
- remember that one day you shall eat again. 10 days really isn't much out of 365 a year
- you are worthy feeling healthy and well
- listen to your body
- sometimes gentle exercise (walking, yoga etc) can assist to move toxins through the body
- if you go through detox symptoms and cravings remember they will pass with the next elimination
- personally I wouldn't brag on Facebook and go to too many others about it all, many people think fasting is insane and may not hear any explanation, no matter how well researched also, this way you don't do this to prove to others that you can do it, but only to yourself
- shower and dry brushing helps to wash the toxins and day away in the evening (especially while everyone is having their dinner, do yourself something good)
- if you got to shop and cook for others, keep your goal on the objective, have your lemonade within reach and breathe
- find the right time for yourself, to have the laxative tea in the evening, as you don't want to wake up with cramps and dashing to the toilet at 4am
- I recommend following the cleanse by the book and also do the saltwater flush daily as it really helps you to move out the broken down toxins
- get support through forums and YouTube videos of people who have done it before you
- watch inspiring documentaries, on healthy eating and cleansing etc
- nourish your soul with good books, films, music and company
- forgive yourself if you are having a bad day and if you are mean to those around you
Whilst I will continue to blog about the easing out and follow up period, this blog will also focus its attention on other interests I am giving my attention to.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this journey, it has helped me a lot.
For anyone who would like to begin this journey or is currently on it, happy cleansing and I'm always there for questions, advise and support.
Much love x